Quick Response Guidelines:
- Remain calm; provide assistance to others if necessary.
- Move cautiously to a lighted area. Exits may be indicated by lighted signs if the emergency power is operating.
- Turn off and unplug computers and other voltage sensitive equipment.
- For information about a prolonged outage, tune to radio KOMO 1000 AM, and/or
call UW 206-897-INFO (4636).
Detailed Response Guidelines:
Outages may occur at times of weather extremes or accompany various disasters. When the power is out, safety is a major concern. To prepare, assemble a power outage kit for your office or work area. Include glow light sticks, flashlights, a battery powered radio, a battery-operated clock, and extra batteries on hand.
- Remain calm, provide assistance to others if necessary.
- If you are in a darkened area, move cautiously to a lighted area. If the emergency power is operational, exists may be indicated by lighted signs.
- Turn off and unplug computers and other voltage sensitive equipment to protect them against possible surges when power is restored.