In Case of Emergency: What if I am first on the scene?
Ways to help:
- Remain calm
- Be positive
- Be assertive
- Take charge
- Work together
Follow these instructions:
- Gather together
- Work together to:
- Determine if anyone is hurt or needs immediate assistance
- Ask who is first-aid trained. They can help those who need immediate assistance.
- Render first aid and call 911
- Take attendance
- Take notes
- Contact your supervisor as soon as the situation is stable (see Contact others)
- Wait for instructions from emergency personnel or leadership
- Instruct others to remain on the scene until directed by leadership or emergency personnel
- Do not leave the area
- Contact Others:
After calling 911 . . .
- Contact your supervisor (call or text). Inform them of the situation and indicate your location and status.
- If your supervisor is not available contact, one person in the list below. Stop calling once you reach someone.
iSchool Emergency Contacts
- Facilities: 206-221-3316 or 206-616-1715
- Assistant Dean: 206-616-0835
- HR Director: 206-221-6557
- IT Director: 206-616-1155
- Student Services Director: 206-616-8553
- iSchool Dean: 206.616.0985
- Assoc. Dean Academics: 206-685-9626
- Assoc. Dean Research: 206-543-9792
- Assoc. Dean Faculty Affairs: 206-616-2542